True, the summer's not over. But summer plans always seem to multiply without warning. Things I have done lately include:
- Attending the final day of Pitchfork Music Festival. (Noname was on fire as always, Chaka Khan was freaking amazing, and Lauryn Hill actually played!)
- Witnessing the glory that is Ezra Furman, savior of rock'n'roll.
- Getting my first pedicure—not as scary as I thought it would be.
- Going to see Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again with my parents because we're adorable. (Surprisingly good.)
- Going to see Sorry to Bother You. (Brilliant—it belongs in a genre all its own.)
- Meeting up with Leta's parents for dinner.
- Playing D&D.
Things I have coming up include:
- Joining a competitive online trivia league.
- Reliving my teenage years at a Franz Ferdinand concert.
- Rocking out at Riot Fest. (They lowered the ticket price to $99!)
- Picnicking with friends for Okie's birthday.
- Attending my cousin's wedding.
It's too much! And on top of all that I'm trying to finish reading this French novel, and I need a haircut, and Geri's due for her 10,000-mile checkup, and Okie's still in obedience lessons, and on and on and on.
Overall I'm glad to lead a busy life—it's better than boredom. But I would love one weekend with no plans at all. Perhaps I should just steal away to some cabin in Wisconsin with the doggo and ignore you all for a while. You know. In my spare time.