Monday, April 10, 2017

ORD --> PVG --> SGN

Just a quick note to say that I'm flying to Vietnam today!

Or, rather, I'm flying 14 hours to Shanghai, and then I have a 4-hour layover, and then I have another 4-hour flight to Ho Chi Minh City. Good thing I like airports.

Am I nervous? Yep. But I think I'm prepared as I can be. I'm all packed (and lightly, too!), I've got snacks for the plane(s), and I've pre-treated all my clothes with permethrin spray, because nobody wants Dengue Fever or Malaria. (Related: see this argument for wiping out mosquitos as a species. I mean, it's probably a bad idea, in the end. But still.)

I arrive early in the morning on April 12th--but for you it'll still be the 11th. If you need to get in touch with me, remember this easy rule: Vietnam is exactly 12 hours ahead of U.S. Central Time. So if it's 9 a.m. in Chicago, it's 9 p.m. in Vietnam. I should have ample internet access, so let's chat sometime.

Wish me luck! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please say hi.