Monday, October 10, 2016

MKE-->PHL-->MCO-->LGW-->AMS

Tomorrow's the day. I'm boarding a plane...and then another plane...and then another plane...and then another plane...and sometime on Wednesday I'll end up in Amsterdam! Wish me luck--I need the travel gods on my side for this one. It's going to be a lot of connections. On the bright side, I should get plenty of writing done.

I have been to Amsterdam before--almost eight years ago exactly, as a matter of fact. Here is visual proof:

Twenty-year-old Becky on the back of Rembert's bike.

That brief vacation involved lots of touristy things--biking around Vondelpark, visiting the Anne Frank House, browsing the Albert Cuyp Market, and so on. Also, a trip to the delightful suburb of Hoorn for a karaoke party at the house of Rembert's childhood friend and breakfast with his parents. This was long before my cousin Erin had even married Rembert, and my cute baby cousins did not yet exist.

I suspect this visit will be very different, both in terms of the amount of cute babies and in terms of how well I get to know Amsterdam. I'm looking forward to it.

I would write more, but I must at least attempt to sleep, as I have a poor track record of dozing off on planes. I'll catch up with you in the Netherlands!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please say hi.