Saturday, April 23, 2016

Unstoppable

I have applied for 33 jobs. Thirty-three.

Lately I've been feeling frustrated. I know that sorting through applications is probably not these companies' top priority, so they'll take as long as they need. But for me (and for the bazillions of other applicants), this is higher than top priority. This is the continued ability to afford housing and groceries. It's maddening that the next step in my life is entirely determined by other people, and it's entirely on their timeline, and all I can do is wait.

And apply to more jobs. But mostly wait.

Ah, how nostalgic I am for the days when I had actual agency. I hope those days will return soon. Fortunately, Meg & Leta & Molly & my parents & Leta's parents are coming to Vegas later this week to distract me. I look forward to it.

In the meantime, Santigold shall be my anthem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please say hi.