Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Milestones

I had a shocking realization this afternoon: unless I go on to get a creative writing PhD someday, the class I attended this evening may the the last time my writing is ever formally workshopped.

How can this be? It was only slightly over two years ago that my writing was workshopped for the first time (I never took any creative writing courses as an undergraduate), and now it may never be again. Well, that's not entirely true. I'm sure there are many informal workshops in my future. I do still have friends, after all. It's not like I have to go sequester myself and become a hermit now.

But still.

Fortunately, workshop went very well. I couldn't have asked for a better last workshop, honestly. I received a great deal of astute feedback, and quite a few compliments to boot. And I'll still be in workshop critiquing my classmates' pieces for a few months yet. Nevertheless, I felt that this momentous and bittersweet occasion was deserving of its own blog entry.

Cue the sappy music of your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please say hi.