Sunday, May 31, 2015

Bon Voyage

Little did I know when I created this blog that the title would lend itself so well to travel-related puns. As many of you remember, it became "Viva Los Becky" when I was staying in Los Angeles for my internship at Les Figues last summer; naturally, it must become "Vive La Becky!" for my travels in France this summer. It's only fitting.

I'm leaving bright and early tomorrow morning. I have a 5-hour flight to Montreal, a brief layover, and then an 8-hour flight to Paris, where I'll arrive at about 9 a.m. on Tuesday, June 2nd. That's a lot of plane time, so I bought myself a travel pillow. I've never owned a travel pillow before, but I've decided that I deserve a travel pillow. Maybe I'll actually sleep on the plane for once.

I'm all packed up (except for my computer). I'm just lugging one big suitcase and my backpack, which is mostly empty so whatever I buy in France can go there when I return. Hopefully beaucoup de livres (many books). I'm a little afraid I may have overdone it on clothes, but this is France we're talking about. And for two months! I don't feel too guilty about not traveling light.

I return to Vegas on July 28th, but I can assure you that there will be several blog posts along the way.

Au revoir, mes amis! Vous me manquez déjà. (I think that's how you say "I miss you all already.")

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please say hi.