Monday, December 1, 2014

A Brief Recap

I've been putting off blogging because I've been so busy lately, and now look what I've done. It's December. I've been terrible about blogging this whole semester, actually, and I apologize for that. It's unusual for me, and it's not as though I've had nothing to tell you. Don't worry, though; I've set a weekly reminder on my to-do list app, so now I'll definitely get to it, lest it kill my virtual pet cat.

I'm not even going to try to recap everything, but here are a few highlights:

Jennifer Pashley came for a craft talk, which was wonderful. She discussed some of the business-related aspects of writing, which is unusual, and also helpful. She's funny, and her stories are sharp and weird. I would recommend them if you're looking for some holiday reading.

Lulu and I hosted Friendsgiving. Lulu loves to cook. Ohmygoodness was the food delicious. Thyme-and-lemon-seasoned turkey, garlic mashed potatoes, brussel sprout-sourdough stuffing, and a pecan pie. Denise brought a pumpkin pie, and Brittany brought an apple pie. That means we had three homemade pies. Yum. Joe brought a mysterious bag that we were not allowed to open until after dessert. The bag contained Twister. It's a good thing we're all really, really comfortable with each other. Maegan brought Cards Against Humanity. It's a good thing we're all really, really comfortable with each other.

I kicked ass at Dungeons & Dragons yesterday. 

I registered for classes next semester. I'm taking Dr. Campbell's Chaos Theory Literature class on Monday nights, but other than that, it's all independent study. I'm going to be working on my Critical Essay requirement with Dr. Campbell as well; the plan is to write about children's literature. You know what that means? I've finally found an excuse to read Harry Potter for school! (She laughed an evil laugh.) I'm also doing my first set of thesis hours with Maile. That means it's probably going to be my novel for the thesis, which is exciting and also scary. I've been writing more, though. Well over 40,000 words now. I'm hoping to go crazy over winter break and finish a rough draft by March at the very latest. But we'll see. 

At any rate, since I'll have only one physical class, I'll theoretically have more time to blog as well. I'll still have to teach, of course, but what can you do? 

Just over two weeks before I head home to Chicago for Christmas! I can't wait. But first: last imitation for Doug's class, Shakespeare final essay, Shakespeare final exam, grade 50 papers, grade 50 final exams, calculate & turn in final grades. Ugh. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please say hi.