Thursday, August 14, 2014

Last-Minute Los Angeles Scramble

I am not entirely certain where all the time went, but I'm heading back to Las Vegas on Monday! Today was my final day at Les Figues; I can't thank them enough for all the worthwhile publishing experience and the trip to Big Bear and the many, many books. Seriously, y'all, if anyone wants to borrow some feminist experimental writing, I've got you covered. Or, you know, you could just buy books from their attractive, user-friendly website.

Since I only have a few days left in Los Angeles, this of course means that I have to cram in everything I still haven't done. My whirlwind tour began last night, when Mackenzie and I headed to The Rockwell in Los Feliz to see Jeff Goldblum and the Mildred Snitzer Orchestra. Yes, Jeff Goldblum plays piano in a jazz quintet. The evening was full of good music, fancy cocktails, laughter, strange non-sequiturs. The people sharing our table were on a first date, so that wasn't awkward at all. The best part was that we didn't even have to ask the great man himself for a picture; he just wanders around the room before the show and talks to people. 


This picture has more "likes" than anything else I have ever posted on Facebook. I'm not surprised. That's the power of Goldblum.

I guess it's good that I encountered one celebrity while in L.A., and I must say, I couldn't have chosen a better one.

This evening the adventures continue, as Mackenzie is kidnapping me and taking me to Good Times at Davey Wayne's--a 1970's-themed bar with roller skaters and spiked sno-cones and an old refrigerator as the entrance. I'm exhausted, but sleep is for the weak.

There's plenty in store for me this weekend, too, but I'll have more to blog about if I wait until after it happens. Let's just say that it may involve sexy-nerdy ladies taking off their clothes, because Katie and I haven't seen enough of that this summer or anything, and it also may involve free pajamas and a monkey of some kind. Rumor has it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please say hi.