Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Lizard

I found a lizard on my door when I got home from the climbing gym this evening. I haven't seen any in Vegas so far. Reminds me of Florida.

I've been going to the climbing gym a lot lately. Jamison and I got month-long memberships--did I mention that? I can't remember. Anyway, we did. I think I'm improving slightly, although I'm still using my arms far more than I should. I know what I'm doing wrong, but it's hard to remember when you're up there on the wall, especially when one is lacking core strength/strength in general. I'm good with cardio, but my muscles aren't so great. Hopefully all the climbing will fix that.

Saw Gogol Bordello again on Saturday. This time the show was positively raucous. The crowd was bigger, the pit was bigger, lots of screaming, lots of jumping and dancing. I think they should play the Brooklyn Bowl every Friday & Saturday at midnight and sell season tickets. I suspect I'd be there quite frequently. It's a great way to get rid of pent-up energy. The kind that comes from sitting in one's bed and writing a theory essay.

That's what I did on Saturday during the day. Not the whole thing, unfortunately, but 6 out of 20 pages. I'll take it. Let's see, what else have I been up to? Friday evening was Colby's going away extravaganza--he's moving back to California--so we went to Herbs & Rye for fancy cocktails & dinner, and then we went dancing at Free Zone. Another good way to get rid of pent-up energy. I was very sleepy that night, unfortunately, so I don't think I was owning the dance floor as much as I normally do. And I do own the dance floor. Never doubt that.

Oh. Hey. I think I forgot to mention that I got an internship this summer. How silly of me. It's in Los Angeles. I'm psyched. I'll tell you more about it soon--I just want to make sure it's okay with them if I blog about it. I'm sure it will be, but just in case.

I am psyched about leaving for the summer--no one wants to deal with up-to-120-degree-days--but at the same time I am less than psyched. As avid readers of this blog probably realize, I'm quite enjoying my life in Vegas. I love my friends here--love, love, love them--and I don't want to leave them. I don't want to have to go through the process of making friends again in LA. I know it will probably be easy. After all, I already have a few friends there--Katie, Mackenzie, Alex, Carissa, I'm coming for you!--and the other interns will likely be in the same position as me, so I'm sure we'll bond. Nevertheless, I'm going to miss my Vegas friends, and they'll be piled on top of the huge number of Chicago friends I already miss all the time.

At least it's close, so I can come back to Vegas for any birthdays, exciting parties, etc. And I am certain that LA will be adequately distracting. You know. Beaches. B-celebrities. A plethora of concert venues.

And it's very late at night again. Look at that. Better sleep. I have to teach tomorrow morning. Until next time.

2 comments:

  1. Pilates is really good for your core. I'd also suggest buying some light weights so you can work on your upper body strength at home :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have some weights, actually. But motivating myself to use them is another matter.

      Delete

Please say hi.