Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Spring Break II: Return of the Spare Time

We don't really have a second Spring Break, but my students have CAAP exams this week, which means somebody else gets to proctor and I don't have to teach them. Therefore, I have lots of extra time in the mornings to get things done for once, so I am, of course, blogging. So productive!

I took it far too easy last weekend, so I desperately need all this extra time. On the bright side, I finally got to stabilize the dying as a minor action in a rousing game of D&D. Also, I went to the Mob Museum with Joe and Matt. They have the actual wall from the St. Valentine's Day Massacre there, so naturally I was excited. Old things are the best, you guys.

All the third years are defending their theses right now. I went to Sam's last night at the Frog. We all had some whiskey and listened to her beautiful, prayer-like poems. It was amazing to witness the culmination of three years' work with a small group of people. Her poems mattered to everyone; those graduating with her have watched her poems evolve from workshop to workshop. It made me glad our program is so tightly knit. 

It also made me a little nervous. One of these days I'll have to start thinking about what I want to write for my thesis. Ha. Ha ha. 

Tonight: a craft talk and reading with visiting poet Lynn Xu. Learning awaits! But first, reading more Kristeva because 20 page paper because confusing because I'm scared ahhh help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please say hi.