Saturday, March 8, 2014

ELVIS

You guys. I have graded so many papers today. I don't even want to talk about it.

Instead I will talk about an important milestone in my Vegas life that occurred last night.

A few of us went to karaoke at Champagne's, a local dive bar. We were singing and drinking $2 PBRs and having a lovely time, when who should walk in, but--AN ELVIS IMPERSONATOR!

Believe it or not, this is the first Elvis impersonator I have actually seen in the city, though I am certain he will be far from the last. Quite frankly, I'm surprised it's taken me this long to run into one. He was old and Asian and wearing a fabulously tacky red jumpsuit. We all thought it was funny, until he started singing "Can't Help Falling in Love"--he was great! Brought the house down. 

Vegas is so weird.

Several of my fellow MFA-ers went to Reno this weekend to present at a conference, and I am so glad that I didn't. I desperately need this weekend to recover from AWP and to catch up on all my work. I have to:
  • finish grading papers
  • read Cane
  • write a 2-3 page paper on Cane
  • read Mina Loy
  • read Roland Barthes
  • plan my class for Tuesday
  • clean the hell out of my apartment before my family comes on Thursday
It'll be fine. I'm used to the lack of sleep at this point. 

And on that note, I should stop using this blog to procrastinate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please say hi.