Monday, February 24, 2014

Oh! Seattle

I wanted to link to the song that is the title of this post, but then I remembered that it's by a local band from Lake County that doesn't exist anymore and hasn't existed since I was in high school and I'm old and I want to stop talking about this now.

I have it on my iTunes if you're ever interested.

Anyway, I just wanted to write a quick note to explain that I am headed to Seattle bright and early tomorrow morning for the AWP Conference. Have I packed? Of course not! Must do that now. If I don't write for a while, it's because I'm in another state getting rained on and pretending I wasn't in kindergarten when grunge was popular and buying too many books.

However, I was thinking of briefly reviving Pretending to Know You while I'm out there. It could be fun to pretend to know some Seattleans (Seattleites?) in flash fiction form, n'est-ce pas? So look for those. Also, you can follow my escapades in Seattle (and always) on Twitter.

I return to sunny Vegas on March 2nd. Talk to you then!

2 comments:

  1. http://glittermouse.bandcamp.com/track/they-have-real-sugar-in-seattle

    Is that the song? Glittermouse and Cyntext and University are the only bands I distinctly remember from the good old Lake County scene.

    Also, jealous! Have fun :) You're a networking champ.

    I sound like a mom in this comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, no, not Glittermouse. I actually was referring to a University song (called "Oh! Seattle"). You don't sound like a mom. Promise.

      Delete

Please say hi.