Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Be simultaneously jealous and disgusted...

...for I am eating an In-N-Out burger in my pajamas right now. Oh god, why? Oh god, delicious.

Be simultaneously jealous and something-more-than-jealous that I just saw Welcome to Night Vale live! First Jason Webley was there and he sang songs and we howled and stuff and then Cecil was there and then OH MY GOD CECIL WAS THERE and then we were in danger and then we weren't. Or were we?

Seriously, though. I don't want to spoil it for any of you who may be seeing it live on any of the upcoming East Coast/Midwest dates, but it was awesome. It was really clever how they kept it in the same format as the radio show and yet managed to incorporate several instances of audience participation. Super fun.

In other news, I think I may be growing out of binge-watching television. Or maybe it's just The Tudors. I watched one episode yesterday, thought of watching another, and then decided against it. Maybe it's just because I know exactly how The Tudors will go. I'm only on season 1, but I know. Want proof?

King Henry VIII will marry Anne Boleyn and then she'll have Elizabeth I and then he'll behead Anne Boleyn and then he'll marry Jane Seymour and she'll die giving birth to Edward VI and then he'll marry Anne of Cleves and then they'll amicably divorce and then he'll marry Catherine Howard and then he'll behead her and then he'll marry Catherine Parr and then he'll die and Edward VI will become king and then he'll die and Mary I will become queen and then she'll die and Elizabeth I will become queen (renaissance!) and then she'll die and James I will become king and then he'll die and Charles I will become king and then he'll be beheaded and then Oliver Cromwell will be Lord Protector (puritan) and then he'll die and then Charles II will become king and then he'll die and then James II will become king and then he'll be overthrown by William and Mary of Orange because Glorious Revolution. HISTORY, BITCH!

Oh, AP Euro. So many fond memories.

Anyway, I've been having trouble watching other TV shows, too. Or, rather, finishing other TV shows. I used to be able to slam through a whole series in a few weeks, and now I just can't. Maybe it's due to the fact that I'm busier in grad school than I was at my job. Also the fact that I have so many more interesting things to do/read/write because of grad school. Hm.

I finally caught up on double poems! Hopefully I won't miss any more days. Here's one I wrote last night. I was in a bit of a sour mood before bed--pun intended.

Expiration Date

i keep changing
the expiration
date

but they always
notice the
smell

seems i cannot
help but
curdle

2 comments:

  1. I love the Monty Python reference.

    I love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love YOU. I also love that you noticed the super subtle Monty Python reference, but not the blatantly obvious Breaking Bad reference. :)

      Delete

Please say hi.