Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Homeward Bound

Writing this post on my phone outside the building where I teach, waiting for Austin-the-saint to drive me to the airport. Some student organization is blasting dubstep. It's sunshiny. Not looking forward to winter weather this evening.

I am, however, looking forward to everything else this evening, for I am finally returning to Chicago! Well, the suburbs, but close enough.

This Thanksgiving we're having an epic Flaherty-side family reunion. Besides my parents and my sister, we have: Uncle Bill, the Boyd clan (Adam and Amy + tiny twins Jonas & Ella and tinier Lydia), the Kappelboyd clan (Erin and Rembert + tiniest twins Willem & Hendricus), Aunt Trish, the Dilger clan (Caroline and Rich + tiny Colleen and tiniest newest baby Anna), Kevin and Catherine, and Catherine's parents. 

Not to mention my dogs. Pretty psyched about the dogs.

It's going to be madness, in the best possible way. 

Getting in pretty late tonight, but I'm going to make every effort to make it to the annual McGrath turkey fry so I can see my Meghan. Also because food. Also because her parents throw the craziest parties I've ever attended.

On a final note before I take my holiday, I'd like to thank you all for your insightful and kind responses to my last post. They made me grateful that I'm acquainted with so many good people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please say hi.