Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Happy Days!

Here's why:
  • My second time up in workshop last night went stupidly well. I feel so invigorated and full of ideas thanks to my kind and insightful classmates. (Not to mention Richard Wiley, who also liked the piece.)
  • The Bears beat the Packers--at Lambeau, no less. (It's amazing how much more willing I am to watch sports now that they remind me of home.)
  • I think I'm making more new friends.
  • I registered for my second semester courses today: Poetry Workshop, Forms of Poetry, and Survey of Critical Theory. As an avid nerd, I am pretty damn excited about literary theory. I'm nervous about having to write so much poetry, but I think it will be a good experience for me. Plus, I know that Michael and Kayla have exactly the same schedule, so at least I'll have friends along for the journey. 
  • And, last but certainly not least, MARRIAGE EQUALITY IN ILLINOIS!!!!! Wish I could be there to celebrate with all my lovelies--have a drink for me! I'll toast you all when I get back for winter break.

2 comments:

  1. I would be excited about literary theory too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good stuff. I'm really excited to read Kristeva's "Powers of Horror," all about her theory of the abstract. Apparently our prof is something of an expert on the subject. Yeah...I'm a nerd.

      Delete

Please say hi.