- My second time up in workshop last night went stupidly well. I feel so invigorated and full of ideas thanks to my kind and insightful classmates. (Not to mention Richard Wiley, who also liked the piece.)
- The Bears beat the Packers--at Lambeau, no less. (It's amazing how much more willing I am to watch sports now that they remind me of home.)
- I think I'm making more new friends.
- I registered for my second semester courses today: Poetry Workshop, Forms of Poetry, and Survey of Critical Theory. As an avid nerd, I am pretty damn excited about literary theory. I'm nervous about having to write so much poetry, but I think it will be a good experience for me. Plus, I know that Michael and Kayla have exactly the same schedule, so at least I'll have friends along for the journey.
- And, last but certainly not least, MARRIAGE EQUALITY IN ILLINOIS!!!!! Wish I could be there to celebrate with all my lovelies--have a drink for me! I'll toast you all when I get back for winter break.
Tuesday, November 5, 2013